We lay down the foundation of our EPIC values right from the start in Reception.
A Message from Mrs Whalley
Thank-you for your interest in our school. The children, staff, parents and governors have created an EPIC shared vision for Exminster Community Primary School.
Enjoyment - We want every child to enjoy coming to school, to feel secure in their friendships and to be happy to learn.
Potential - We aim to help every child reach and exceed their full potential through providing a rich and varied range of learning opportunities within a broad and balanced curriculum. Learning is planned in every class to meet all needs. We aim to find children’s strengths and use these within school to develop children’s confidence and love of learning.
Inclusion - We pride ourselves in being a highly inclusive school. Inclusion is about adapting for the needs of our learners – however minor or major their needs may be. This has benefits for all learners, learning to celebrate our differences and individuality.
Community - Exminster Community Primary School plays an integral part in life of our village. We maintain a strong family village school ethos.
We hope you will feel happy to subscribe to our EPIC vision and share with us as your child makes their journey through our school.
Pan Fried Chicken in a Tomato Pesto Sauce Served with Steamed Pasta and Wilted Greens
Diced Chicken Fillet – 360g
Chunky Diced Fresh Tomatoes – 2
Fresh Basil – 10 leaves
Finely Chopped Fresh Garlic – 2 cloves
Fine Diced Spanish Onions – 1 large
Vegetable Oil – 50ml
Black Pepper – 2 pinches
Frozen Garden Peas – 80g
Pre Cooked Pasta Shells – 200g
Chopped Tomatoes Tinned – 400g
Fresh Spinach Leaves – 240g
Sliced Spring Onions – 60g
Sour Cream – 50 ml
1. Heat half the oil in a wok or saucepan, add the chicken and pan fry until golden brown and cooked thoroughly.
2. In a separate wok or small saucepan heat the remainder of the oil and lightly cook the garlic being careful not to brown it, add the onions until they go soft, add the fresh chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, add the chopped tinned tomatoes and bring to a simmer, add the fresh basil leaves and turn off the heat.
3. Place the spinach, peas and spring onion into a steamer for 5 minutes until the spinach turns dark green and wilted in appearance also place the cooked pasta into a separate tear of the steamer or cover in boiling water to heat.
4. Add the cooked chicken to the sauce and stir until thoroughly combined.
5. Place the hot pasta onto a warm plate, place the chicken and sauce onto the pasta and serve the wilted greens on the side. Spoon lightly the sour cream over your dish
Serves 4 portions